Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Corona Lockdown calmness


Poem: The Corona Lockdown calmness
from 
The Calm Within: Corona days Gestalt Poems 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087HBGL1G


I lived in a land that I thought is my own.
Now I am aware that it is not mine
Though I have the right,
I cannot go there, but presume that it is mine.

I live in a house that I know is not mine.
Now I am aware that I have no other house
Though I do not have the right,
I can only be here, as I cannot move.

I live in a shed that I never thought I would
Now I am aware I have no other go
Though I can live being responsible,
I cannot, but ask to get me what I want.

I live with people around me,
Now I am aware that they cannot come near me
Though I want to be close to them,
I can only wish for a day that may not come.

I live thinking what is up for me.
Now I am aware that the future is yet to come
Though there is no limit,
I can ground my thoughts to where I am.

I hope for a home that is meant for me.
Now I am aware that it is a hope
Though I do not know whether I can enter,
I am aware, that I am here, where I am.
-       Leister Sam Sudheer Manickam, 15 April, 2020.

No comments: